Casa Freehold Job Center: Where our community goes to hire our neighbors
Casa Freehold Job Center connects small businesses and homeowners with skilled day laborers for a variety of services, ensuring fair wages and good working conditions. Our workers are comprised of hard working men and women who are dedicated both to supporting their families and to being active contributors to life in our community.
Our available amenities and services include restrooms, drinking water, places to sit, telephones, classrooms, outreach to employers and parking facilities. The hiring process is easy, convenient and dignified. We do NOT charge an agency fee.
Our Job Center is a Win-Win for both Employer & Worker
- We organize and normalize the hiring of day laborers,
- Monitor worker quality, and
- provide opportunities for worker incorporation into the mainstream economy through employment assistance and, sometimes, skills training.
For Day Laborers:
- We monitor the actions of employers,
- increase the transparency of the hiring process, and
- provide an institutional foundation for holding employers accountable for workplace abuses.