Casa Freehold was founded in 2004 in response to the needs of a growing immigrant population. Our Mission is to help new arrivals to this country become fully integrated and productive members of their new community. We strive to empower workers and their families by providing them with knowledge and resources relating to immigration, education, housing, health, employment, and job safety.
Casa Freehold is affiliated with:
- NJSAID: New Jersey Advocates for Immigrant Detainees
- NDLON: The National Day Laborers Organizing Network
- Latino Coalition of New Jersey
- Monmouth County Coalition for Immigrant Rights
- NJ Dream Act of Freehold
- Monmouth County Latino Festival
Our programs include:
- Employment – We bring workers and employers together in an environment of fair pay and safe working conditions.
- Health – We educate and empower the community regarding health resources.
- Language – Immigrants learn the importance of English for success in their new country. English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are currently running and new ones are starting all the time.
- Legal – We empower our members to solve a variety of problems (e.g. landlord/tenant, small claims, traffic court, work accidents, etc.).
- Immigration – We provide ongoing education and referrals to available resources.
- Wage Theft Conflicts – We work with our members to obtain wages not paid.